- At least 18 years of age as at the commencement date of the course or unit in which you will enrol as a student if the application is successful.
Academic Entry requirements
- Successful completion of Year 12 or equivalent; or
- Recognised Foundation Studies course; or
- Successful completion of one year of accredited tertiary study at an Australian Institution; or
- Successful completion of Certificate IV or above in a related discipline; or
- International Baccalaureate with a score of 24
English language equivalence requirements:
English Language Requirements (for international students whose secondary education was conducted in a language other than English):
- IELTS overall band score: 6.0 (no band less than 5.5) or equivalent; or
- IELTS Preparation Program Certificate of Proficiency from an Institute’s approved ELICOS provider; or
- English for Academic Purposes Certificate of Proficiency from an Institute’s approved ELICOS provider.
The Institute reserves the right to waive the English Language Requirements if the prospective applicant meets the criteria below:
- Successfully completed Cambridge CAE & CPE 169+; or
- Successful completion of one year of tertiary study in Australia (Diploma, Foundation or Higher Education); or
- Successful completion of Certificate IV in a related field; or
- Successfully completed GCE A Levels – minimum grade of D or better in GCE A-level English; or
- Successfully completed GCE O Levels – minimum grade of C or better in GCE O-level English; or
- Successfully completed International Baccalaureate (IB) English B Standard Level grade 5, higher level (A1 or A2) grade; or
- Students from the following countries who have completed senior secondary study or at least one year of full-time university study in one of these countries and the language in which the qualification was undertaken was English: American Samoa, Fiji, Jamaica, New Zealand, Solomon Islands, UK, Australia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, USA, Botswana, Guyana, Lesotho, Papua New Guinea, Tonga, Zambia, Canada, Ireland, Liberia, Singapore, Trinidad and Tobago, Zimbabwe.
AIH reserves the right to request proof of English language proficiency.