- At least 18 years of age as at the commencement date of the course or unit in which you will enrol as a student if the application is successful.
Academic Entry requirements
International students must provide evidence of the following to demonstrate they have successfully met the educational entry requirements:
- Successful completion of Year 12 at the credit or above level as determined in Student Admission Policy (Appendix 1); or
- Recognised Foundation Studies course; or
- Successful completion of one year of accredited tertiary study at an Australian institution; or
- Successful completion of Certificate IV in a related discipline or above; or
- International Baccalaureate with a score of 24.
- Where a student has commenced undergraduate studies in Australia with another provider they will meet the above as well as satisfactory course progression with their current provider. Where the course progression is deemed unsatisfactory, the student may be offered a place under the Student at Risk program.
English language equivalence requirements*:
For students whose secondary education was conducted in a language other than English:
- IELTS overall band score: 6.0 (no band less than 5.5) or equivalent (Refer to Appendix 2); or
- English for Academic Purposes Certificate of Proficiency from an Institute’s approved ELICOS provider.
The Institute reserves the right to waive the English Language Requirements if the prospective applicant meets the criteria below:
- Successful completion of an accredited course from the Australian Qualifications Framework at Certificate IV level in a related discipline or above, or one-year tertiary study within the past 2 years to the commencing date of the course applied at the Institute.
- Successful completion of the requirements for the Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of
Education in a course that was conducted in Australia in English.
- Successfully completed Cambridge CAE & CPE 169+.
- Successfully completed International Baccalaureate (IB) English B Standard Level grade 5, higher-level (A1 or A2) grade 4.
- Students from the following countries who have completed senior secondary study or at least one year of full-time university study in one of these countries and the language in which the
qualification was undertaken in English: American Samoa, Fiji, Jamaica, New Zealand, Solomon
Islands, UK, Australia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, USA, Botswana, Guyana, Lesotho,
Papua New Guinea, Tonga, Zambia, Canada, Ireland, Liberia, Singapore, Trinidad and Tobago,
*AIH reserves the right to request proof of English language proficiency.